Compiled by Veronica Rodriguez, SBDCNet Researcher
Click here to suggest a resource link to be added to this page
- Gaebler.com – a great starting a business page with many articles to help you get started.
- SBA Business primer – find out if your ready to start your own business
- Do you have the right stuff? – CCH Toolkit
- Entrepreneur Risk Assessment Quiz – Georgia State SBDC
- Planning Checklist – Alabama SBDC
- Edward Lowe Foundation – contains information on starting your own business
- My Own Business - a guide to owning your own business
- How to Start a Business on a Shoe-String Budget - The Trump Entrpreneur Initiative
- Choose a form of organization – Which legal form Is best for your business? Corporation, LLC, partnership or sole proprietorship?
- Name Your Business – from CCH Toolkit.
State and Local Regulations
- State and Local Resources – click on a state to find laws, regulations and tax demands imposed on new business owners in your state.
Develop Your Business Plan
- Business Plans – SBDCNET
- North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) all establishments are assigned a classification by the Federal Government for statistical purposes.
- Selected Market Research Resources – (Word) Developed by SBDCNET staff.
General Resources for Small Business
- MyBizhomepage – a free web-based service that provides and other information to help small and emerging businesses run more smoothly and profitably.
- SBA Women’s Business Center- the business center provides several tutorials for people starting a business and lists several links for further information.
- Ed Lowe – Entrepreneurial Edge – articles on finance and management.
- American City Business Journals – search for articles in local business journals.
- Small Business Planning Guide – a good place to start your business planning.
- Small Business Dictionary
- First Step Fund - a non-profit agency that has comprensive FastTrac business development programs.