Compiled by Marissa Garcia, SBDCNet Researcher
Click here to suggest a resource link to be added to this page
Small Business Information for Minorities
- Minority Business Development Agency – Part of the U.S. Department of Commerce, specifically created to encourage the creation, growth and expansion of minority-owned businesses in the United States.
- Minority Business Entrepreneur Magazine
- Minority Business Yellow Pages
- Black Enterprise
- Latin Business Association – Provides resources to promote the growth of the Latino business community
- U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- The National Black Chamber of Commerce – Representing 95,000 Black owned businesses and 190 affliates in the United States and internationally.
Small Business Information for Women
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
- Forum for Women Entrepreneurs
- Digital-Women Articles and How-tos for many business topics.
- Women and Small Business – SBA website.
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council – provides access to a national standard of certification and provides information on certified women’s businesses to purchasing managers through an Internet database
- Women in Technology International - mission to empower women worldwide through technology
- Women’s Bureau, Dept. of Labor – Publications and statistics on employed women.
- National Women’s Business Council – Federal advisory council created to serve as an independent source of advice and policy recommendations on economic issues of importance to women business owners.
- SBA Office of Women’s Business Ownership – Information about programs and services that help women with starting and running successful businesses.
- WomenBiz.gov: Gateway to Federal Government Contracting – Provides information and assistance to women-owned businesses seeking to do business with the federal government.