- U.S. Department of Energy provides information on policy changes, regulations, and industry markets and trends, including current fuel prices.
- Energy Information Administration – government agency that provides forecasts for US fuel markets.
- Energy Stats – Provides stats on different sources of energy in multiple countries.
- American Petroleum Institute – API is the major national trade association representing the entire petroleum industry.
- Oil Online an industry online news magazine.
- Petroleum Place a portal site for the oil and gas industry.
- Independent Petroleum Association of America – Offers government fact sheets, research information and weekly newsletters.
- Energy Central a portal site for the electric utility industry.
- LCG Consulting A comprehensive report about US electricity markets, volatility analysis and pricing database. Also contains price forecasts, reports and energy models.
- Nuclear Energy Institute an industry supported site which includes information and statistics on the industry.
- Power Marketers information and news about deregulation.
- National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners – Lists utility associations for both the national and state levels.
- American Wind Energy Association provide up-to-date information on wind energy development, economics, cost competitiveness, and environmental compatibility.
- BioFuels Informational Links prepared by the USDA Agricultural Library.
- Renewable Energy Policy Project offers a variety of links and information about alternative energy resources and trends.
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory Provides information on the projects being undertaken by the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory. Site sections include information on the following research: biomass, buildings, geothermal, hydrogen and fuel cells, wind and solar.
- Renewable Fuels – U.S. government energy statistics on renewable fuel sources provided by the Energy Information Administration.
- Renewable Fuels Association The RFA is a national trade association for the ethanol industry. Site includes regulations, position papers, industry statistics, and an annual industry outlook.
- Small Business Gateway information on grants and low interest loans for research and commercialization of alternative energy sources. Site provided by the US EPA.
- DOE Wind Information Resources resource links and industry information.
- Interstate Renewable Energy Council – a nonprofit corporation that works with industry, government and educators.
- California Energy Commission – renewable resources using wind, solar, geothermal, biomass and small hydroelectric facilities.
- State Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Database - a constantly updated searchable database of state programs, policy, incentives, initiatives, stationary fuel cell installations, vehicle demonstrations and hydrogen fueling stations from fuelcells.org (the online fuel cell information resource)