Compiled by Frank Salazar, SBDCNet Researcher
Click here to suggest a resource link to be added to this page
- Associated General Contractors of America – trade organization for construction industry.
- Building-Cost.net – construction cost estimator as well as links to other contractor resources.
- Construction.com – industry portal. Includes outlook and trends.
- Construction Owners Association of America – association provides internet links and support.
- Construction Specifications Institute – construction specs and related articles.
- EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance magazine market trends.
- Get-a-Quote – construction estimating program.
- Government Construction Statistics Census Bureau industry reports.
- IRS Tax Tips for Construction list of tips and information for construction firms.
- CBRE Economic Advisors a selection of free reports available from real estate research firm.
- National Association of Women in Construction – Offers marketing, educational, and resource material.
- Building Officials and Code Administrators International – Offers codes and standards, certification and licensing, and public safety information.
- FIXR, Inc. – Free home improvement, remodeling and maintenance services marketplace.
- ConstructionBusinessOwner.com – Provides business management information for contractors, including articles and blogs from industry professionals, downloadable forms and checklists, an equipment and services directory, news, events, auction dates, social networking opportunities, archived webinars, product information and more.
Sample Business Plans
- American Housing Survey (US Census) – information about housing characteristics for selected metropolitan areas. Most recent data available for 2001.
- Joint Center for Housing Studies Harvard public policy site with reports and statistics.
- National Association of Home Builders – association for home builders. Current trend data available for download.
- National Association of the Remodeling Industry
- Remodeling Online online magazine for remodeling professionals.
- Home Builders Institute – Includes resources on general contracting and also offers a job bank of potential jobs.
- Buildings.com a portal site for the commercial building industry.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- American Council of Engineering Companies
- National Institute of Standards & Technology – NIST’s mission is to develop and promote measurement, standards, and technology to enhance productivity, facilitate trade, and improve the quality of life.
- Professional & Technical Consultants Association Includes a consulting rate survey ($).
- International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering